The bohemian trend that started a couple of years ago is still flaming high, so today we have an easy DIY for a lovely and easy embroidered necklace.
How to make this necklace:
1. In making this fabric necklace you will need printed fabric. I chose a colorful one with colors that resemble traditional motifs and colors. The design is retro but I thought it would fit the project I had in mind.
1. Cut out a square of fabric.
2. Cut it into strips.
3. This is optional - embroider the piece and add beads. When done, to secure that it does not fray much, fix it with a blanket stitch around the strip
4. Fold the strip and sew both (upper) ends together.
5. Repeat this with the other strips.
6. Line them up to see what arrangement makes the design look the best. Note that I made the central strip a little bit longer so that it protrudes / stands out from the other strips and marks the center.
7. / 8. Make tassels and add to the center and the two strips (from left and right) next to it.
9. /10. Crochet a chain / use a leather or cotton cord onto which you insert the strips of fabric. You can add tassels to the cord as a finishing touch too.
Your new attractive necklace!